Planning is underway for the 2016 SMA Student Colloquium which will be held in Brussels from November 3rd to 5th. A call for papers has just been issued for the conference and this may be found here.
This event aims to provide a platform for postgraduates and early career professionals to present and discuss their current research. We welcome papers and posters from across the medieval period (5th-16th centuries), and from all geographical areas. Papers and posters with no direct link to archaeology, but with a broader medieval significance will also be considered.
Topics that will be tackled include:
- Cross-sea interactions and connections
- The archaeology of medieval landscapes
- New methods and approaches in medieval archaeology
- Urban fabric and identity
- Commemoration in the Middle Ages
- Artefacts, crafts and society